عنوان مقاله [English]
نویسندگان [English]چکیده [English]
Introduction: Social cognition with components such as stereotypical thought and basic schemata has a critical role in social encryption and encoding. It also influences response and behavior in persons. The aim of the present study wass assessing the three components of social cognition in depressed and healthy persons. Method: By using comparative method in the statistical society of depressed students in Tehran, a sample of 60 visitors to the counseling center of the University with eligibility to participate in research was selected by using purposive sampling. Another 60 subjects were selected for the healthy group. Data was collected using Attribution Style Scale, Maladaptive Schemata, Dysfunctional Attitudes Questionnaires and Beck Depression Scale. Results: Analysis of covariance revealed significant differences in attribution style, maladaptive schemata and dysfunctional attitudes between healthy and depressed groups. Conclusion: Disrupted social cognition components are clear in depressed people; therefore, it seems necessary to consider them for therapy process.
- Aakre, J. M. (2010). Attributional style in schizophrenia: Associations with suspiciouseness and depressed mood (Doctorate dissertstion). Retrived from http:// www.ohiolink.edu
- Abramson, L. Y.; Seligman, M. E. & Teasdale, J. (1978). “Learned helplessness in humans: Critique and reformulation”. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 87, 49-74.
- Abela John, R. Z. & Skitch, Steven A. (2007). “Dysfunctional attitudes, self-esteem, and hassles: cognitive valueraility to depression in children of affectively ill parents”. Behavior Research and therapy, 45: 1127-1140.
- Burcusa, S. L. & Iacono. W. G. (2007). “Risk for recurrence in depression”. Clinical psychology review, Article in press.
- Beer, J. S. & Ochsner, K. N. (2006). “Social cognition: A multi-level analysis”. Brain Research, 1079: 98-105.
- Bervin, C. (2007). Cognitive foundation of clinical psychology. Translate by Mahmoud Alilu, M.; Bakhshipour, A. & Saburi moghadam, H. Tabriz, Ravan Pouya publication. (Persian)
- Bigdeli, I. & Hashemiyan, K. (1997). “Experimental assessment of influencing attribution style in learned helplessness”. Psychological Research, 4, Vol: 3 & 4: 60-71. (Persian)
- Burns D. D. & Spangler, D. L. (2001). “Do changes in dysfunctional attitudes mediate changes in depression and anxiety in cognitive behavioral therapy”? Behavior therapy. 32, 2: 337-369.
- Blackwood, N. J.; Bentall, R. P.; Fytche, D. H; Simmons, A.; Murray. R. M. & Howard. R. J. (2003). “Self-responsibility and the self-serving bias: an fMRI investigation of causal attributions”. Neuro Image, 20: 1076-1085.
- Calvete, E.; Villardon, L. & Estevez, A. (2008). “Attributional style and depressive symptoms in adolescents: An examination of the role of various indicators of cognitive vulnerability”. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 46 (8): 944-953.
- Delavar, A. (2007). Theoretical and scientific foundations in humanities and Social Sciences. Tehran: Roshd.
- Esmaeili, M.; Mahmod Aliloo, M.; Bakhshipoor Rodsari, A. & Sharifi, M. A. (2009). “A survey of dysfunctional attitudes and coping strategies in primary hypertension”. 2; 5(2):117-32.
- Ghassemzadeh, H.; Mojtabai, R.; Karamghadiri, N. & Ebrahimkhani, N. (2005). “Psychometric properties of a Persian-language version of the Beck Depression Inventory second edition: BDI-Persian”. Depression and Anxiety, 21, 185–192.
- Gal, M.; Bourg, V. & Gal, G. (2003). Qualitative and quantitative research method in psychology. Translated by Nasr, A. & et al. Tehran, Samt Publication. (Persian)
- Hamidpour, H.; Sahebi, A. & Tabatabaei, M. (2005). “Comparing effectiveness of Beck cognitive therapy and Teazdel cognitive therapy in dysthymia”. Behavior and Thought Journal, 11, No. 2: 150-163. (Persian)
- Luty, S. E.; Joyce, P. R.; Mulder, R. T.; Sullivan, P. E. & Mc Kenzie, M. (1999). “The relationship of dysfunctional attitudes to personality in depressed patients”. Journal of Affective Disorders.54 (1-2): 75-80.
- Marnat, G. (2006). Handbook of Psychological Assessment For clinical psychologists, counselors and psychiatrists. Translated by Pasha Sharifi & Nikkhoo. Tehran: Sokhan Publication
- Mohseni, N. (2004). Theories in developmental psychology: social cognition and emotion. Tehran, Pardis publication. (Persian)
- Moitamedi, F. & Afruz, GH. (2007). “Relationship between attribution style and mental health in intelligent students”. Behavior and Thought Journal, 13, No.2: 173-181. (Persian)
- Nshon, P. M.; Joiner, T. E. & Rhode, P. (2001). “Evaluation of cognitive diathesis stress models in predicting major depressive disorder in adolescents”. Journal of Abnormal Psychology, 110, 203–215
- Olsson, A. & Ochsner, K. N. (2007). “The role of social cognition in emotion”. Trends in cognitive sciences, 12 (2): 65-71.
- Peterson, C. & Seligman, M. E. P. (1984). “Causal explanations as a risk factor for depression”. Psychological Review, 91 (3): 347-374.
- Rabie, M.; Molavi, H.; Kalantari M. & Azimi, H. “The relationship between dysfunctional attitudes and coping strategies and mental health”. Journal of Educational and Psychological Studies, Year IV, No. II, Serial No. 10, Fall -Winter 1, 21-30 P
- Sahragard, M. (2005). Evaluate the psychometric properties Beck Depression Inventory. Thesis. Tehran: Shahed University.
- Sadock, B. & Sadock, V. (2007). Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences / Clinical Psychiatry. Translated by Rafiei & Sobhaniyan. Tehran: Nasl Farda & Arjmand Publication.
- Schulz, D. & Schulz, S. (2001). Personality theories. Translated by Yahya SeyedMohamadi. Tehran: Nashr Virayesh institude.
- Schmidt, N. B.; Joiner, T. E.; Young, J. E. & Telch, M. J. (1995). “The schema Questionnaire: Investigation of psychometric properties and the hierarchical structure of a measure of maladaptive schemata”. Cognitive therapy and Research, 19 (3): 295-321.
- Shahamat, F. (2011). “Predicting the public health symptoms (somatization, anxiety and depression) based on the early maladaptive schemas”. Modern psychological research Psychology,. No. 20(5):103-124
- Weissman, A. N. & Beck, A. T. (1978). Development and validation of the dysfunctional attitude scale. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the association for the advancement of behavior therapy. Chicago: IL.
- Yang, J. (2005). Cognitive therapy of personality disorder: Schema therapy. Translated by Sahebi, A. & Hamidpour, H. Tehran, Arjmand Publication. (Persian)
- Yang, J.; Klosko, J. & Vishar, M. (2007). Schema therapy: guideline for clinician. Translated by Hamidpour, H. & Anduz, Z. Tehran, Arjmand Publication. (Persian)
- Yazdandoust, R.; Rezvan Talab, H. M. & Peiravi, A. (2001). “Investigating unhealthy attitudes, Depression and Coronary Heart Disease of CCU inpatients”. Behavior and Thought Journal, 6, No. 4: 24-44. (Persian)
- Zaki, J. & Ochsner, K. N. (2011). “Reintegrating the Study of Accuracy into Social Cognition Research”. (Target Article) Psychological Inquiry, 22:3, 159-182.